Backgammon Galaxy presents the first online invitational series of backgammon tournaments, with same amount of buy-in and prizes as the biggest live tournaments in the world.
Since all the big live backgammon tournaments for the next couple of months has been cancelled, Backgammon Galaxy was quick to come up with a substitute, where players can play from their homes with webcam.
The series will be held over four weekends, and has a total of 13 single events, each with different buy-ins and formats. Please check the individual posters for each tournament.
Requirements to play:
- Receive an invitation document through email. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an invitation.
- Sign registration document through email, agreeing to our terms and conditions.
- Have a proper internet connection (minimum of 10 Mbps is recommended).
- Have a Backgammon Galaxy account.
- Have a Skype account and webcam. All players have to be on a video call through Skype with their opponent. The webcam should capture both the monitor and the player from the side (note that the built in labtop webcam on the same computer as you are playing on, will not be sufficient).
- Make transfer for buy-in with a Bitcoin transaction. If you don't already have a Bitcoin wallet, you will need to get one, as well as buy the needed amount of Bitcoin to pay for the buy-in. Prizes will be paid out to your Bitcoin wallet as well.
- Follow all tournament match-ups on www.DrawBoss.com.
- Tournament director will be available on Skype and email through the entire tournament.
- You cannot play from restricted countries: USA, UK, France, Holland, Australia and Iran.
The setup will run in a very similar way to a live tournament. If you follow the simple protocol steps, it will be no problem at all.
Player instructions to play in the tournament:
- Make sure, you know how to create a match, and how to join a match.
Make sure, you know how the basic user interactions are on galaxy: how to move, how to cube, etc.
- Make sure you do not have any other instances of Galaxy running in your browser, or on any other devices! This WILL cause “loading” icon on moves. If you see “loading” message a lot, please let that be the first thing you check. It is the user's responsibility to check this to make sure that the game flow is smooth.
- Make sure you have a proper internet connection, at least 10 Mbps is recommended. It can probably work fine with a little bit less, but 10 mbps is the recommended speed. If the game starts lagging because of slow internet speed, it is the players own risk. It is recommended to play matches on Galaxy before signing up, so you are sure that the software will run smooth in your browser, from your location.
- www.DrawBoss.com instructions: that is where the players see their opponent. Player1 has to create the match and player2 has to join the match. Also player1 has to add the skype name of his opponent.
- After the match, the winner of the match has the obligation to send an email with the result and downloaded match file, to the tournament director, within the first 10 minutes after the game has ended. The new round will be drawn, and the players can see who their new opponent is in Drawboss.
- If you are 10 min late, you will be disqualified.